Coaching: A personalized approach to developing leaders
Whether you are a CEO of a large company, head your own business, manage a department or just feel that there is a gap between your potential and impact, leadership coaching can be the difference between average results and outcomes that exceed expectations. It will radicalize the way you engage with the pressures of work and assist you to create the space for transformational learning and growth.
Coaching is applicable for any of the following categories:
- A recently promoted leader, new to a role representing new responsibilities and new reporting structures.
- A high-potential leader who has certain development gaps identified, that need to be worked through.
- Individualized support for a leader, who must make significant developmental changes so that he / she succeeds.
Common practices are mentioned below, although schedules can be worked out to fit the context:
- Contract for a six-month period with pre-scheduled fortnightly phone sessions, with additional extra sessions as needed.
- Face-to-face sessions and as relevant group sessions with the team.
Coaching is focused towards the individual’s outcomes, usually established on a one to one, with inputs from the individual ’s direct reporting manager. The Company’s feedback system is often used to assess the leader’s developmental areas. Alternatively, a 360° feedback process can also be done in order to solicit feedback from the direct reports, peers and the reporting manager.
Coaching Goals are usually behavioral and therefore movement & growth is observable.
Before the coaching sessions begin, a preliminary interview is done with the individual, which aims to establish the following area:
- Viewing the coaching process as an investment
- Participation from the individual in identifying the areas of focus and change.
- Readiness to explore blind spots and willingness to probe into real issues
- Commitment to keep appointments and execute agreed upon action contracts
- Willingness to solicit feedback from other members, during the process
What Chitra brings to the table:
Chitra is a Professional Certified Coach (PCC) from the International Coaching Federation. Chitra’s key areas of potency is her ability to sift through the peripheral layers to get to the core. She senses when her client is complying or telling her what he / she believes is “to be said” and she respectfully brings it to the awareness. Her background in psychotherapy and the depth of Corporate exposure of heading H.R. for various Organisatons, help her in deftly identifying her client’s limiting behavioral patterns and facilitating them in working with their insights towards their goals.